My Bass setup
A meager setup I admit, but it does sound good. Flatness is one of my goals
and I use a 1/3 octave spectrum analyzer (RTA) to calibrate a couple of EQ's.
For equalization I use the two band parametric bass EQ on my
Rane THX44 equalizer and then that feeds into two Rane PE17 parametric EQ's,
one for the subwoofers and one for the tactile transducers.
My goal is flat and loud, room modes are my enemies and my
neighbors hate me or is that fear me? I don't know nor do I care, what I
need is even more bass! The following is my quest for bass. One can never
have too much.
- 2 sealed 12" Boston Acoustic THX 595x subs (parallel)
- Carver A-760X amplifier 600W 4ohm (1 channel for subs)
- 32 Aura Bass Shakers (24 under couch, 8 in ottoman)
- Crown K2 amplifier 2500W 4ohms mono (tactiles)
- 2 Rane PE17 parametric EQs (subs & tactiles)
Used to have:
- 4 RBH tactile transducers
- SAM-1 160W amp
- Alesis MEQ230 1/3rd octave EQ
- Just 100W powering two Boston subs, that was loud enough. Why more?
- a compressor/limiter as a sort of "Bass Peak Limiter" to eliminate
tactile transducer and sub bottoming out.
- 24 more Aura Bass Shakers. Where I'm going to mount them I don't yet know.
- Another Crown K2, this truly is the amp of the Gods!
- A stack of 18's (six?), check out
Back to the quest for more bass page.